First Lutheran LWML (Lutheran Women’s Missionary League) – All women are members of the LWML and support it through their mite offerings and gifts. All women’s groups have participated in hosting rallies and LWML events. The entire group meets together once to twice every year for Bible studies and fellowship.
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Since 1942 the LWML has focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions.
Mite Box Sunday is the first Sunday of every month. All members of the congregation are encouraged to bring their change and filled Mite Boxes on this Sunday. Mites are used to fund mission grants voted upon by the Montana District LWML and the national LWML. Please visit the Montana District LWML website for current LWML information and a link to the national LWML.
Opportunities are available for all women of First Lutheran to join in Bible study and fellowship. These opportunities include:
- Noon Women’s Bible Study – Meets for Bible study over the noon hour each Tuesday morning at the church
- Noon Bible Study – Meets for Bible study over the noon hour each Wednesday morning at the church (men are invited)
- WOW! (Women Of the Word) Bible Study – Meets for in-depth Bible study on the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month at the church beginning at 7 p.m.
- Dorcas Circle Quilting – Meets to make quilt and have fellowship the first and third Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the church
- First Lutheran Book Club – Meets for lunch and lively book discussion the first Saturday of every month (places and books are announced ahead of time)
- FLC Crafters Group – Meets to create new crafts or finish old projects every Saturday morning at the church
Please see our calendar or inquire at the church office for contact information!